Friday, January 8, 2010

Santa lives!

Okay, okay so Santa season is technically over, but remember The Potter's have been playing Amish tea-party for two weeks. I'm grossly behind on everything Internet related. E-mails, blogs, messages, comments, pioneer woman, and peopleofwalmart.com...all have been unsurfed and unseen by me. I'll tell you, that's no way to live.

But, that's not why we're here. We're here because I have a story that needs to be told and nameless people or person or group to thank blindly.

When Christmas was here, The Potter's received a package. The Potter's LOVE receiving packages. The Potter's also like speaking in the 3rd person.

The Potter's package was quite mysterious, it had no name and no return address.
When we opened it, somebody or somebodies had sent us a pretty spectacular gift. We were so perplexed. Smiling, but perplexed.
The letter attached is at home nestled safely in a box, so I can't give you the direct quote, but basically the mission of this gift was to help us out. The author said that in lieu of doing a secret Santa they pick a person or persons to donate to, and this year it was us.

Jason and I didn't know how to feel. We immediately tried to figure out who the sender was so we could send it back. We couldn't take that kind of gift. I mean, we've had a rough year, sure, but I felt like there were many more people who could have benefited from it more than us. Not that I'm not thankful, I'm just a little on the sheepish side when it comes to this sort of thing.

I thought it would be a lot quicker to find the culprit, I was wrong. We asked everybody...EVERYBODY and all of our friends and family said the same thing, "no clue" We just wanted somebody to THANK. How do you accept a gift and not say thank you? You don't. you just don't. I think it's a commandment, or at least it should be.

So, if you know the person, people, group, groups or Santa Clause that did this, or if you are the person, people, group, groups or Santa Clause that did this I have just ONE thing to say to you....


Thank you. From the very bottom to the tippy top of The Potter's hearts, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that was so nice! It wasn't me, in case you were wondering. :)

    ReplyDelete