Thursday, January 21, 2010

We're from the future!

Well, as many might know we moved into a big fat house, with a few unwanted roomates, MICE!! ew, ew gross, I know. Trust me, I know!
So we put the word out that we were looking for a little outside beast that had a thirst for rodents, and since Edward Cullen was too busy being the hottest man in America we had to settle for a kitty...a kitty named Emma.

Not only is she NOT a blood thirsty rodent destroying machine, she's not an outside cat at all. She's also not like any cat I've ever met. Emma is sweet, affectionate and best of all, thinks she's a dog. (Jason and I have differing views on what is better: cat or dog... I think it's clear where my loyalties lay.)

Isabelle has already fallen head over heels in love with her and Roman thinks the very act of her walking is hilarious and mesmerizing.

I'm sure that this wasn't the best time in our lives to be adding another member to our growing brood, but at the end of the day we're all smiling and I think that's good enough for me.


Adopting a cat without a moment of think time was not the only big event of the day, we also got a landline! I checked the history books and apparently it's like a mobile phone, only...not at all mobile. Farm living is not the life for me. okay, okay, we don't live on a farm.

Regardless, I feel MUCH better having a phone. I can't tell you how many times this month I went to sleep thinking Izzy would fall down the stairs or Roman's shunt would be acting up and I would be here phone and internetless. But, those dreams are behind me now! I feel like saying "yahtzee!!" In fact, somebody should tell me when it would be a good time to yell "Yahtzee!" In fact again, you can call me on my phone!
That's our update! Please send cat food, seriously...Emma has an eating disorder.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. Makes my crappy day, as today, be much better.

    ReplyDelete